Sugar Cookies on a Stick.
You can have Sugar Cookies on a Stick using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sugar Cookies on a Stick
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Butter Flavor CRISCO® all-vegetable shortening or 1 Butter Flavor CRISCO® Stick.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light corn syrup or regular pancake syrup.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- You need 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 36 of flat ice cream sticks.
Sugar Cookies on a Stick instructions
- Combine sugar and shortening in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, syrup and vanilla; beat until well blended and fluffy..
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed until well blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour..
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place foil on countertop for cooling cookies..
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Push ice cream stick into the center of each ball. Place balls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten balls to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of greased and floured glass. Decorate as desired; press decorations gently into dough. *Note: If you want, you can paint your cookies before baking them. Mix 1 egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoon of water. Divide into 3 small cups. Add 2 to 3 drops of food coloring to each. Stir. Use clean water color brushes to paint designs on cookies..
- Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove the cookies to the foil to cool completely..