You can cook Shrimp Scampi using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Scampi
- You need of Whole Wheat Linguine.
- You need of Shrimps , deveined and tails on.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Garlic , minced.
- Prepare of Cilantro Parsley or , chopped.
- You need of Chilli Flakes.
- You need of Lemon Zest.
- It’s of Lemon Juice.
- It’s of Black Pepper , freshly ground.
- Prepare of White wine Chicken Stock or.
- You need of Salt.
Shrimp Scampi step by step
- In a pot bring water (enough to cook pasta) to boil. Season the water generously with salt. Throw in the linguine and cook as per package instruction. I always cook for 1-2 minutes less than instructed as the pasta continues to cook once the sauce is added. Drain and keep aside..
- In a separate pan, melt the butter on medium heat and fry the garlic till fragrant. Add the shrimps and cook till they turn pink. Be careful not to overcook..
- Now carefully take the shrimp out and set aside. To the same pan – there should be plenty butter left – add the lemon zest, lemon juice, chili flakes and chopped cilantro and stir well to incorporate..
- Add the wine (or chicken stock) and cook till it reduces a bit. Now add the shrimps back. Give it a quick stir. Pour the sauce over the linguine and toss. Serve warm..