Shakshuka. Get Access To Daily Recipes, Tips, Product Recommendations & So Much More! Not only is it fun to say, but shakshuka eggs is one of my favorite vegetarian dishes of all time. Made of every-day ingredients-eggs, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic-this dish is healthy, satisfying, and packed with flavor.
Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Shakshouka (Arabic: شكشوكة , also spelled shakshuka or chakchouka) is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, olive oil, peppers, onion and garlic, and commonly spiced with cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. The dish has existed in Mediterranean cultures for centuries. You can have Shakshuka using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shakshuka
- It’s 4 of eggs large size.
- It’s of tomatoes 2 cans of chopped Italian (each can 400g / 14oz.).
- Prepare of onion 200g / 7 oz. (chopped).
- You need of Greek yogurt 2 tablespoons plain low fat (0%).
- It’s of capsicum peppers 2 red (about 150 g / 6 oz. each -seeded and chopped).
- Prepare of tomato 1 tablespoon purée.
- Prepare of garlic 2 teaspoons powder.
- You need of chili powder 1 teaspoon.
- Prepare of paprika 1 teaspoon.
- You need of cumin ½ teaspoon ground.
- Prepare of parsley 2 teaspoon dried.
- You need of cayenne pepper 1 pinch.
- Prepare 2 of “ SprayCook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Get Shakshuka Recipe from Food Network. Shakshuka is a Tunisian dish that is part of Egyptian, moroccan and Tunisian cuisine. It was introduced in Israel by Tunisian and Moroccan jews. It is by no means Israeli.
- Put the onion and pepper for in a bowl and microwave for 4 minutes..
- Spray a lidded fry pan with Spray2Cook and put on medium to high heat..
- Add the onion and pepper and cook further, if needed, to soften..
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes all the spices and the tomato puree and bring to the boil..
- Stir in the yoghurt. Adjust the heat until the mixture is bubbling then create four pouches in the surface into which the eggs can be cracked..
- Cover and simmer until egg is set to taste, 7-10 minutes..
- Serve in a warmed bowl.
Shakshuka is a dish of poached eggs with tomatoes, onion and cumin. I learned about it while traveling through Southeast Asia, and it's been my favorite way to eat eggs since. —Ezra Weeks, Calgary, Alberta Shakshuka may be at the apex of eggs-for-dinner recipes, though in Israel it is breakfast food, a bright, spicy start to the day with a pile of pita or challah served on the side (It also makes excellent brunch or lunch food.) It's a one-skillet recipe of eggs baked in a tomato-red pepper sauce spiced with cumin, paprika and cayenne First you make that sauce, which comes together fairly. Shakshuka – Recipe and video for delicious Middle Eastern egg dish. Shakshuka is a North African dish that is now made throughout the Middle East; it is especially popular in Israel, where it is often eaten for breakfast. Shakshuka is a popular Middle Eastern and North African dish that may date back all the way to the Ottoman Empire.