Chili (with ground beef). Cook this beef chili low and slow. It's the long, lazy simmer that really sets this meaty chili apart. Instead of pureeing reconstituted dried chilies as most "from scratch" recipes do, I skip straight to using pure ground chili powders like ancho and chipotle.
Everyone who tastes my chili comments that it is restaurant-quality. It's especially good with homemade corn bread. I have always loved to cook, and I enjoy developing original recipes like this one. —Shannon Wright Erie, Pennsylvania. You can have Chili (with ground beef) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili (with ground beef)
- Prepare 2 Tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion (chopped ).
- You need 1 lb of ground beef (85/15).
- You need 1 Tbs of chopped garlic.
- You need 1 of 14.5oz can dark pinto beans.
- You need 1 of 14.5oz can light pinto beans.
- Prepare 1 of 14.5oz can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 3 Tbs of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 of tsp ground cumin.
- It’s 1 Tbs of sugar.
- It’s 1 C of grated cheddar cheese.
We figure that's the best way to get the best things to you. Tags: green chile , green chili , ground beef. Full of ground beef, beans and seasonings, this chili gets its flavour and spice from Jalapeños! A big bowl of our Homemade Chili Recipe is perfect for a cold and rainy night in with a piece of buttermilk cornbread to soak up all the juices.
Chili (with ground beef) instructions
- Sauté onion until glossy in oil in med/LG pot. Use Med/high heat. 3-5 mins. Add garlic..
- Add hamburger and brown; mincing the meat uniformily on Med heat. 5-10 mins until fully cooked..
- Empty cans of beans and rinse with water to eliminate juice. Add to pot..
- Add tomatoes with juice..
- Add chili powder, cumin and sugar. Mix thoroughly. Simmer on medium to low heat at least 15 mins..
- Tip: if too thick add lid; too thin simmer without lid..
- Top with shredded cheese..
Warm up on a cold night with these delicious and hearty ground beef chili recipes that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. If your favorite chili recipe calls for ground beef, make sure to choose the best kind and don't just reach for whatever is closest in the meat aisle. When cooked, ground sirloin is drier with a heartier texture. Recipe for beef chili with beans in instant pot pressure cooker. It's so convenient to add all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and walk away.