You can cook Sloppy Joe using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe
- It’s 1 Pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of Onion , small – sized.
- It’s 1/2 of Serrano chilli pepper.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of tomato , large – sized.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of thyme leaves , chopped.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/8 Teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 Teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 4 of hamburger buns.
Sloppy Joe instructions
- Chop onion and tomato in small pieces. Mince garlic. Mince thyme leaves. Mince the chili pepper. Shape the ground beef into small patties..
- Heat pan on medium. Add olive oil..
- Wait a minute and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and the minced chili pepper..
- Once pan is hot to pop some of the seeds, add chopped onion and garlic..
- Add ground beef in flat patties. Brown both sides and then break apart the patties into small pieces..
- Once meat is nearly cooked add the tomato, thyme leaves, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, salt, white pepper, and black pepper. Cook for a couple more minutes..
- Stir in the red wine vinegar and turn off the heat..
- Serve on buns or rolls..