'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice.
You can have 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice
- It’s of Cold/Leftover cooked rice.
- You need of (equal to)=.
- It’s of Chopped/Diced raw vegetables/left overs.
- It’s of Olive oil or butter.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- You need of Tamari/Soy sauce.
'Clean Out the Fridge' Fried Rice instructions
- If you do not have leftover rice, cook some rice in a yummy vegetable, chicken or beef stock at least 2 hours before preparing meal – the key is having enough rice to equal the amount of veggies you are using. Be sure rice is cooked and cold, and all veggies are chopped/diced prior to cooking..
- Heat olive oil or butter in a saute pan / wok (pan large enough for rice and veggies to be stirred).
- Add garlic, cook for a minute or 2..
- Add veggies, 1 at a time, in order of desired cooking time (example: 1st carrots for 3-5min, then onion, then broccoli, then water chestnuts, then spinach).
- Stir in rice, a couple dashes of ginger, sesame oil and tamari sauce (to taste). Stir fry for about 5min, then remove from heat and enjoy!.
- Any veggie combo will work, here is some inspiration: corn, peas, pea pods, sugar snaps, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, onion, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, waterchestnuts, eggplant, tomato, sweet potato, zucchini – add left over shrimp, chicken, pork, beef… anything goes!!! Even bacon!.