Yaprak Sarma (stuffed grape leaves).
You can cook Yaprak Sarma (stuffed grape leaves) using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yaprak Sarma (stuffed grape leaves)
- You need of ground beef.
- You need of dry onion, chopped.
- Prepare of parsley, chopped.
- It’s of rice-bulgur mix.
- You need of pepper paste.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- You need of hot water.
- You need of grape leaves ( we will use 2 rolls).
- It’s of butter for sauce.
- It’s of tomato paste for sauce.
Yaprak Sarma (stuffed grape leaves) step by step
- Take 2 rolls of leaves from the jar, put into bowl filled with cold water.you will rinse the leaves getting rid of salt, keep the leaves in it, I usually start to prepare my stuffing mixture first. One dry onion, 1/3 cup of rice bulgur mix, 1/2 bunch parsley, 1 tablespoon pepper paste, 1 tbs tomato paste, and 1 lb of ground beef, salt pepper, put into a bowl. Add 1/4 cup of hot water and mix good. This is your stuffing..
- The Stems on the leaves will help you to pick them up easily, take 4-5 of leaves, snip of the stems and put them into your side of bowl, this will make them dry and ready to work..
- Place 4-5 whole grape leaves stem side is towards you, shiny part on the bottom, take some mixture and start rolling.
- Close the sides.
- Roll tightly, cigar shape.
- Line the cooking pot with some ripped leaves, then place stuffed leaves, this will prevent leaves from sticking to the bottom of the pot, while cooking..
- Boil water, place an other small bowl over boiling water with 1 tbs tomato paste and 1/4 butter in it, butter will melt with the steam, then pour boiling water into paste and butter mixture, stir well, water must be enough to cover stuffed leaves..
- Pour sauce over the stuffed leaves.
- Place a plate over leaves, to prevent them floating, or opening, cook low medium, about 35 mins.
- Take the plate out, serve with thick "suzme" yogurt with garlic.