Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake. It's a double-layer devil's-food cake made with cocoa and bittersweet chocolate, the same pair that makes the frosting so luscious. Cakes, Bittersweet Chocolate, Buttermilk, Confectioners' Sugar, Unsalted Butter. Well, chocolate is used three times: chocolate Add confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, heavy cream, salt, and vanilla extract.
When it was served, one of the moms asked my sister-in-law where she'd gotten the cake. This chocolate birthday cake recipe calls for dark chocolate in the ganache to balance out the sweetness of the Nutella. Making a layer cake does take a little effort ― there are multiple layers to be baked, each of which needs proper cooling before stacking it up and frosting it without it toppling over. You can cook Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake
- You need 6 of large or jumbo eggs (8 regular).
- You need 1 cup of + 2 tablespoons sugar.
- It’s of Few drops of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s of Wax paper (optional, but helpful).
- Prepare 2 of 8×10 pans (can modify).
- It’s 1-2 of milk chocolate frostings.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s of Sprinkles (optional).
Boozy Yellow Birthday Cake With Chocolate Frosting And Caramelized White Chocolate Ganache. Rich chocolate layer cake filled with vanilla pudding then frosted with vanilla whipped cream. This low carb birthday cake features layers of moist chocolate cake filled with rich vanilla pastry cream. Place first layer of the cake in a plate.
Birthday Cake – Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake step by step
- Please note that the pictures were taken while making half of this cake..
- Preheat oven to 350’F..
- Combine eggs, 1 cup sugar, and a few drops of vanilla extract. Whisk or beat on high for approximately 1-2 minutes or until fluffy..
- Add in 2 cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder. Slowly combine with spoon/spatula..
- Split mix into 2 8×10 pans with wax paper. Yes, it is very thin. Spread it out. :).
- Bake at 350’F for 7-10 minutes. You want the cake to be a little soft and spongy still. Immediately remove it from tray and let it cool for a few minutes..
- While baking, boil or microwave 1-2 cups of water and dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (proportionately 1 cup/1 tablespoon). Microwave or heat ~1/3-2/3 of frosting container in a separate bowl/mug for each layer of cake [amount depends on how much chocolate you want to add, and 1/2 vs full cake]. (See next steps below for more info)..
- Flip first cake over onto a plate/tray. [If making half of this in one pan, you can cut cake in half.].
- Ok- so here’s the unusual part… 🤷🏼♀️ Slowly pour 1/2 cup of hot sugar water on the first layer, soaking the cake completely. Next, pour your ~1/3-2/3 hot melted chocolate frosting on top. The goal is to allow the chocolate to seep into the cake..
- Once completed, repeat this process for each layer of cake placed on top. (I’m hesitant to do more than two total layers because it’s so saturated.) Place in refrigerator to cool..
- Once cool, use the remaining frosting to frost the cake. (You can trim cake first if you’d like.) Add sprinkles or decorations! Enjoy!.
Brush top of cake with sugar syrup then spread whipping cream on top cake. This chocolate birthday cake is simple to make, tastes delicious and is perfect for decorating for a I wanted this chocolate cake to be that simple to make… a cake even the novice-est of cooks can I would add a generous layer in the middle and a thin layer around the outside. Easy and moist chocolate layer cake with smooth chocolate frosting—perfect for parties. Rich chocolate layer cake with layers of chocolate chip cookies and whipped chocolate frosting! Covered in mini homemade chocolate curls.