- 2 lb of large green prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 8 oz of scallops, cleaned
- 2 lb of monkfish, rinsed and skin removed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of crushed chillies
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- mixed fruit & vegetables
Combine the crushed garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, tomato paste, sugar, and lemon juice.
Peel the prawns and devein them, leaving tails on. Clean the scallops. Rinse the monkfish and remove the skin. Add prawns, scallops and monkfish to the marinade. Cover and marinate them for 10-15 minutes.
Skewer the marinated seafood onto the skewers.
Cook on a preheated, lightly oiled plate or grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side over a medium heat. Baste with the remaining marinade during cooking until the marinade is finished.
Be careful not to overcook the fish and other seafood because you do not want the meat to become tough. It does not take very long to cook seafood.
Serve immediately from the grill with some mixed vegetables such as cooked zuchinni and capsicum to accompany the meal.