- 4 1/2 cups of linguine
- 16 oz of medium green prawns, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large peeled tomato, canned or fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Finely chop the whole tomato and set aside.
Cook the linguine pasta in large saucepan of salted boiling water, until al dente. Drain the pasta and transfer back to the pan.
Meanwhile, add the garlic, olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, half of the parsley, salt and pepper, and prawns into a saucepan an cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes, or until the prawns begin to color.
Reduce the heat, cover and allow to summer for a further 5 minutes, tossing the ingredients regularly, until they turn white and are tender. Add the chopped tomato and toss though to just heat.
Pour the prawn mixture into the cooked pasta and mix well.
Arrange the garlic and chilli prawn linguine on a plate and serve immediately with parsley for garnish.