- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely ground cinnamon
- Begin heating oven at 400 degrees F (200 C). Grease muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. In another bowl, combine vegetable oil, egg and buttermilk. Mix together with flour mixture. Add in blueberries (or other fruit). Fill cups all the way to the top, and sprinkle on the crumb topping (see next step)
- For the crumb topping: Mix topping ingredients: white and brown sugar, flour, butter, and ground cinnamon. Add to muffins before baking. *
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or fully cooked and until golden.
*TIP: If you prefer extra topping, reduce the amount of butter (to about two tablespoons), and increase the amount of sugar used in topping to keep muffins from sinking.